Welcome to Huble Homestead Historic Site!
- Huble Homestead Historic Site is now closed for the season. A big thank you goes out to all of our visitors this season - see you in 2015!
- Looking for the perfect gift for your little reader? The Huble Homestead children's book series includes Mrs. Huble Grows a Garden and Mr. Huble Builds a House, both of which feature beautiful watercolour illustrations by Prince George artist June Swanky Parker, and puts local history in the hands of kids for just $10 each! Get yours at our office or at Books & company, The Exploration Place, Two Rivers Gallery, Valemount Museum & Archives, or Mackenzie Museum!
- Huble's geocache is back! Grab the GPS and head out to take on the Huble challenge!
- Are you following any of our social media accounts? Huble Homestead is on Facebook, Twitter, and now Instagram! Follow us for news, events, photos, and more!
- Check out these beautiful panoramic photos of the buildings and grounds at Huble Homestead. A big thanks to visitor Judy Arndt for all her hard work, and for sharing them with us!
The Huble Homestead is a living historic site that offers tours of heritage buildings such as the Huble House, Salmon Valley Post Office, and the Animal Shelter. Visit replicas of the original General Store, Trapper's Cabin, Barns, Blacksmith Shop and the First Nations Fish Camp; all aspects of the site represent a time in our history that the Huble Homestead/Giscome Portage Heritage Society has proudly preserved on behalf of our community, our heritage, and our history.
Come by, bring a picnic, enjoy a breathtaking walk of the countryside, or walk the historic Giscome Portage. Visit our blacksmith to see demonstrations of the craft of making nails and period implements. Find the perfect gift at our General Store, stock up on Huble Berry Jam, have lunch, say hello to our livestock or just lie down in the grass and enjoy the sunshine.
The history of the Huble Homestead and Giscome Portage can be viewed throughout this site. Here you'll find historic photographs, biographies, rich history and culture as you discover the spirit of J.R. Giscome, Al and Annie Huble and Ed Seebach.
© 2007 Huble Homestead/Giscome Portage Heritage Society.
All rights reserved